First and foremost I have some things to touch base with you guys on. If you have any questions leave them for me here also please read that post it’s very important, secondly I have fixed the pictures from the Ball and my walk downtown so if you wanted to see those please recheck them out. Also I would really appreciate it if at least one person asked me a question, like you would be my new favorite if you did.
You guessed it guys, I’m going to do another list. I just wrote a serious post but I don’t feel like doing the research to finish it so that’ll come another day so I have to do something rather quickly to post this and head to bed to rest up for my Arabic test tomorrow, please pray for that to go well, I’m a stressing. Anyway, so lately I’ve been noticing things that only really happen in college which really make it a struggle so here it goes. I’m going to numbers instead of bullet points because I’m feeling fancy today. Ooo switching it up.
The College Struggle
- Showers. Showers are a daily struggle, which is awful because I typically love showers, like at home if I have time I could spend like a good half hour in the shower. Anyway, the struggle first and foremost, is that here, if the water gets too hot it will SHUT OFF and you have to wait FIVE whole minutes until it comes back on. I can’t even tell you how many times this has happened to me, I like a hot shower and I get punished for it, not even fair. Anyway, another horrible part of the shower is the freaking shoes. I hate it so much I feel like my feet never get properly cleaned. Also I get really annoyed when someone is in the shower I like, because I’m very specific and there’s only like two I like really so if they’re both taken you can bet your bottom dollar that I’m not going to be a happy camper.
- Exam Weeks. No I’m not talking about final week or even the week of midterms, it seems to me that professors decide to have every major exam during the same week and it drives me insane. Let’s split this up guys, okay?
- Dining hall food.Let me tell you this stuff is hit or miss. And being a Catholic on Fridays during lent is actually ridiculous, last week they didn’t even have fish! Tonight I had a good piece of brisket so I though, oh let me get another, and it was awful. Literally hit and miss for one food in the same day. Also the vegetables are covered in salt and butter, that is not how I like my green beans thank you very much.
- Time is an odd thing, like I lost all concept of time here. I could be studying and all of the sudden it’s 7 and I missed dinner, I’ve done it and it’s the worst.
- Snacks are a struggle. Like at home with my family chances are if I want something we have it, with a few exceptions. Here if I get a sudden craving for something I most likely have to suffer or if it won’t go away I have to take a trip to the store which I don’t like to do that because in case you weren’t aware I don’t like to leave my room.
- Leaving my room. Every morning I wake up, and if it’s a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, you can see me supporting my pajamas in the dining hall filling my to-go box with french toast or a bagel, and always, always, always sausage. It’s also a struggle when I try to leave for like dinner and after I’m done for the day because half the time I have stuff to do or I’m too mentally drained to move. However, once I get over myself I typically enjoy myself.
- Dorm rooms. Okay I only really have one complaint about mine right now and it’s this freaking broken tile. It is driving me mad and it keeps getting worse, to be honest I just need to go buy some super glue and piece it back together before it’s completely gone. I also really need to clean my room but that’s more of a personal thing.
- Taking classes you don’t need. I’m not going to be a translator, why am I taking a language? I’m not going to be a scientist why do I have to take a bio lab? I should only have to take classes that pertain to an idea of what I want to do. I know for a fact that I’m not going the science track so I shouldn’t have to take any of those. I should take classes for things I’m interested in.
Okay so that’s it for now I believe. I might add more. Please ask me questions, please. I don’t want to have nothing to answer tomorrow, because that’s embarrassing. Also go check out those other posts please. That’s it for now. Thanks for reading!