Well first of all THANK YOU! Today I hit two hundred followers, something that when I started nearly a year ago I didn’t even think about. I thought maybe I should tell you all about my reasons for blogging and such tonight but I’m still going to wait until a year hits. I would do another giveaway but I’m currently saving money and the last one only two people entered so maybe when there’s some more people reading I’ll have another. I’m so grateful for all of you and the community.
Anyway it’s nearly 11 and I just decided to paint my nails, I’m not girly so I have to soak them to get all of the little corners cleaned up. Life would be too easy if I was actually good at something other than knowing random information. I’m also catching up on the last season of PLL because I’m so
So I have things planned to write, I just haven’t put them into proper action because I suck. Honestly, I don’t understand how there are over 200 of you now. Anywho so that leaves me with today’s post of well, it’s 11:30 and I still have no clue what I want to write about soooooo… This is awkward. Ummm… Guys I’m so uncomfortable right now, like it’s getting late and I have no idea whatsoever. Okay got it! Yes I know the the first three paragraphs are just me rambling, all 200 of you chose to follow me. Sorry I’m just really happy about this.
Okay, so I was going to do an about me so I started googling questions to share with people and I typed in ‘things to tell your blog readers’ well according to a few sources I should be a blog failure. Well first of all, we know how I don’t like to cite my sources when I’m criticizing someone or something not because I wouldn’t be willing to start a debate, but because I don’t think they need unnecessary comments and such against their work for something I said.
- So there is my blogger failure number one not citing my sources. This is kind of a WordPress failure too, because failure to cite sources is a failure to meet the requirements to appear on the Freshly Pressed page, an old and faded goal of mine.
- Okay so secondly daily blogging is apparently really bad, apparently I’m putting too much content out there, apparently all of my ideas are the same. Sure this is probably all true, and I can’t say that I’m going to do daily blogging again, but it does help me think A LOT. I have a whole list of ideas to write about but that doesn’t mean I want to write about all of them right this moment. I know I do express a lot of the same ideas but that’s because I find them really important.
- Apparently promoting myself on my own social media sites isn’t good enough because my followers aren’t responsive, I need to get other bloggers to promote me. Why would I do that? Why would I ask all of my favorite bloggers to promote me? That not only seems rude and I feel like it would hurt their content. I don’t need loads of traffic on my blog. I don’t think tweeting what I write makes me a blogging failure.
- I don’t write towards anything specific. You’re “supposed” to write towards a specific audience with very specific articles. My blog should be focused around something that I like, very specifically, for example the primary focus of my blog is my desire for traveling. Well this article thinks that my desire should be my desire to travel to *insert a specific country* and make my blog all about that. No thank you.
- Planning ahead, I mean you guys know how terrible I am at this. This sentence is being typed up at 12:42 am and it will be published as soon as I finish this little rant thing. I don’t plan ahead. I don’t like to plan ahead, I tried it in February, I had a post planned for every day of the month, but that’s not me. That’s not how I work. I like doing things this way. Sure, it would be a lot easier if I liked to plan but I’m not a planner.
- Not writing about things people don’t care about. To be honest, as much as I love and as grateful as I am for all of you, I don’t write to please you. If you like what I write that’s great, but if you don’t I don’t care. I write to make myself happy, I am not writing to make thousands of people happy. I started a blog to get my thoughts and ideas and opinion out there, not to write what someone else wants to hear.
- Proper comments. If I’ve ever commented on your blog I’m very sorry. When I comment on someone’s blog I’m not writing “oh hey check me out” in any part of a comment, I’m writing “I like your blog, this is awesome.” I’ve honestly told someone not to follow me before. I mean, maybe some of the blogs I’m commenting on are not the usual things college students read, I love mommy blogs, I’m not sure why. I think I told you guys this before, partially probably because a lot of the time I like adults more than people my age. I wonder what will happen when I’m a real adult. I got way off topic here, I bet that’s a failure according to someone.
When it comes down to it, the internet may call me a blogger failure, but there’s now TWO HUNDRED of you. There’s honestly no way I could ever consider myself a blogger fail. My failed blogs, yes, but that’s what makes them failures. Obviously, until I quit, I’m not that blog failure. Stuff like this makes me kind of upset, just because I don’t have ten thousand readers, I’m not failing. Just because I’m not making money, it doesn’t mean I’m failing. Sorry, but I think I’m doing pretty well, thank you very much. What do you guys think about these seven things that classify me as a failure? Let me know in the comments.
Again, I’m so thankful for all of you and I honestly can’t believe that I’ve hit such a milestone in less than a year. Thank you all so much.