Just Keep Praying

Lately I’ve been continuing on with my Quarter Life Crisis or if you would rather an Existential Crisis mostly because I have no idea what I’m doing with life or anything for that matter and it really stresses me out. My solution lately has been to pray. I know I don’t really talk about prayer on here much because it’s controversial you know and that’s one issue I don’t like to debate.

I keep praying for some type of solution or break in life. Not an answer, because in my experience God doesn’t like to give answers, He likes to lead you in the right way. Well I’m praying for some type of direction, a direction of what I’m good at, what I should be doing, anything really, and I know He probably is but it doesn’t feel like He’s leading me anywhere currently.

I’ve been praying to find something great in myself, to find something in myself that’s actually worth something, and I know all of me is worth something, like I could probably sell my organs for a really high price, but I mean like finding something in me that’s marketable I suppose. Maybe that’s why I’ve been a distance annoying blogger lately and I’m sorry for that. I’m just doing some soul searching. If I’m being honest it feels like I haven’t written a post in a good week even though I haven’t missed a day.

So yeah I’m just praying to figure some stuff out, I mean I know it’ll all work out, but I think I should just try harder in general. Like I’ve been trying really hard on my papers for school and the words aren’t coming out the way I want it to and I’ve been trying and I just feel like a failure. I know I’m not, it just feels that way.

Right now I’m going to make three goals for this semester.

1. Try hard on all of my school work and study.
  2. Be more friendly.
  3. Try harder on here (my blog) and bring it to the next level.

So that’s what I have for today. Leave me motivational quotes in the comments, I need them!

temp

6 thoughts on “Just Keep Praying

1. Lauren September 13, 2014 / 10:22 am

I’m struggling with these things at the moment too! I have 6 weeks until I finish uni, and getting that motivation to finish & then pursue a career in something is so hard – and even though I know I have to leave that all to God, trust is NOT easy sometimes! Similarly, I asked God to give me trust, but as you say he never just gives us something — he puts us in situations where we need to trust Him.

I’d love to leave you an inspirational quote! The best I have is one my Dad always gives me. “Whenever you’re in a fix, Philippians 4:6”. Phil 4:6-7 says, “Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition present your requests to God, and He will guard your hearts and minds with a peace that transcends all understanding.”

I hope you can get some of that peace! You have a beautiful blog, keep at it! xx

• Mary September 14, 2014 / 12:59 am

Aw thank you so much!! I hope you figure things out too!

2. gettingthroughanxiety September 13, 2014 / 7:30 pm

Mary,

I know it doesn’t always feel like it, but I believe, as you said, God is leading you in some kind of direction. I’m sure you’ll find things you’re good at. Look how amazing you are at reaching people and understanding them; you’ve helped me and countless others and you’re also a great writer! We should make a magazine together on Anxiety. That would be so cool; we could work with others that struggle too! Anyway, I’m sure you will find your calling, whatever it is. You have so much to offer; you’re brave, you’re honest, you’re opinionated, and you love helping others. You deal with anxiety but you still manage to do so much and help others in the process. Good luck in school; I’m sure you’ll do great (by the way, I wasn’t totally joking about that magazine idea!)

• Mary September 14, 2014 / 12:58 am

Thank you! I’m also about to reply to your email, unless I fall asleep!

3. kamahi September 15, 2014 / 7:22 pm

This is actually something I’m working on. Prayer has never been a huge part of my life, which is probably why I’ve felt pretty distant from my faith. I think it’s really awesome that your prayer at the forefront of this quarter life crisis and I know it’s something that I need to remember to do.

• Mary September 15, 2014 / 10:06 pm

It was always a huge part of my life, and then some stuff happened and I think I got mad and kind of stopped, but I’m getting back into my faith. It’s not like I ever stopped going to church or anything I just kind feel distant. Thank you, I hope it works for you too!