I’m a terrible binge watcher, it’s awful. I will sit and watch hours of a particular show instead of doing something I’m supposed to do. Currently I’m rewatching “The Office” and it’s makin me think about TV shows that teach us things.
- Modern Family: “Modern Family” teaches how love is unconditional, it literally shows every type of love possible and how perfect that can be. It shows imperfections in family, yet how those little things are what makes family great.
- The Office: “The Office” is an example of the types of people you will come across with in your life. I also think the relationships amongst the characters display a variety of relationships that someone can encounter, but everyone looks for a love like Jim and Pam’s.
- Parks and Rec: Can you say women empowerment? If you want to look up to someone look up to Leslie Knope. A little quirky, but hilarious and smart. She quickly takes over the town of Pawnee and I think she has the power to take over the world.
- New Girl: I mean who doesn’t want to live with three attractive guys? Not me actually. I think this show displays struggles not only through relationship, but in each characters’ personality as well. I haven’t watched it in a while, but I remember thinking “wow I learned something”.
- Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy: Each character has their own story line, their own background, their own problems. Their stories interconnect and solve the problems of one another, they’re there for each other and help each other out.
What’s your favorite show that has taught you a lesson? I think Degrassi could maybe even be popped up on my list. Maybe I’ll pick this up again another time.