How to Move on From Mondays

Today is Monday. Today is stressful. Today has been one of those days where I want to find a hole and cry in it for a very long time. Today has been a day, and it’s only Monday.

This is how I feel  most Mondays that are the starts of busy weeks, only looking forward to the weekend. I don’t like to live waiting for the weekend, I want to make the most of each day. Today is national coffee day and yet I did not make it to Dunkin to get free coffee and that really upsets me but I’ve been too busy with papers and other work to get into something like free coffee. How disappointing. I was also hoping to go on a run because I feel very stressed but that wouldn’t help anything.

How do you move on from these Mondays? I’m not sure, maybe look forward to dinners with friends or treat yourself with some chocolate (I do this way more than I should). I try to look forward to the little things in my day. Lately I’ve been running away from my problems, usually to Target. For some reason Target has become a happy place, even if I don’t buy anything it’s just a nice vibe for me.

So tomorrow is Tuesday, a day closer to the weekend, a day closer to doomsday (that’s what I’m calling three paper Thursday), but at least I get to sleep in a little bit. Wednesday will come sooner than wanted with a lot of stress, but Thursday will get here, I’ll hand in my papers and everything will be good and over with. I might have to not sleep a lot this week but that’s college and I’m going to make it through this Monday and get to doomsday. Maybe afterwards I’ll treat myself to some IHOP and a little bit of extra chocolate.

Hows your Monday going? Do you have a doomsday this week too? HOW ARE ALL OF YOU MANAGING BECAUSE I’M LOSING IT!

temp

P.S Guess what you can see in my Inner Harbor pictures? My really bad unshaven legs, good one Mary.

6 thoughts on “How to Move on From Mondays

1. kaleydoscopee September 29, 2014 / 10:41 pm

Music and Writing a To Do list to tackle my problems always helps me! Hope your week gets better!

• Mary September 29, 2014 / 10:45 pm

Thank you! I had some music playing earlier and it really helped. Hope you have a great week!

2. gettingthroughanxiety September 29, 2014 / 11:24 pm

First of all, it’s funny that you should mention the Dunkin Donuts thing because I passed one today and was wondering why it was so busy. I’m sorry you had a difficult day. What I try to do is try to look for the positive things that might have happened or focus on something else (working on something I need to do, watching TV, reading a book; anything positive). I know it can be hard but sometimes once you get through your difficult moment(s), you have to charge right through them and move on. How do you move on? You distract yourself, get up, do something positive! Music does help and as Kaleydoscopee mentioned, sometimes writing helps as well. Remember I’m here for you!

• Mary September 30, 2014 / 1:33 pm

Thank you! I’ll try to remember all of that!

3. kamahi September 29, 2014 / 11:48 pm

Girl, I feel this post! It seems like our lives tend to parallel each other pretty often based on our posts. Anyways, my monday was also pretty crazy. Multiple tests, a few papers to work on, and of course all of my regular homework and activities as well. As far as how I get through them…sweets. Sweets, tea, coffee, music. As many little pleasures as I can cram into my day that don’t take up time and therefore allow me to enjoy some comforts even though I am super duper busy. Anywho, I hope your week goes as smoothly as possible. Best of luck!

• Mary September 30, 2014 / 1:33 pm

Why does everything happen in one week?! Sweets for sure. Thank you, hope yours does as well!