Contrary to popular belief about me, I care about people. A lot. Like my friends and family mostly, if I don’t like you I probably don’t care about you but if you’re my friend I care a lot about you. I think people have this idea that I don’t care about them because I have rbf and it makes people think I don’t care. I also am brutally honest which some people see as rude but I think that people just deserve the truth, maybe that’s just me though. But if you’re reading this and I’ve called you “friend” or “pal” or I talk to you outside of a group setting I probably really care about you and your wellbeing. So since I care a lot I thought I would just share with you how to show someone you care.
- The easiest thing to do is say you care. Literally tell a person you care about them. It’s not hard and it shows someone that they have a friend in you.
- Ask someone how they’re doing, like more than just a “how are you” with an answer along the lines of “fine” like get into the depths of their day and their life. I mean if you know them, don’t try to get into the depths of a stranger’s life, weird.
- Be there for them when they need you. Obviously you can’t be there all the time but when you can be there, even if it’s a little inconvenient for you. A friend has to come before yourself sometimes. I know last week I wrote about how you need to take time for yourself sometimes but keyword sometimes. You can’t always come first.
- Keep things between the two of you. If someone tells you a secret don’t share, they won’t be able to trust you and that’s not very caring.
- Hug people when you aren’t touchy. The gesture alone will show people how much you care, plus a hug can fix just about anything sometimes.
Here are five tips on how to care, leave your favorites in the comments!