Productivity is something I really struggle with because I really like to procrastinate. Trust me, that is always a bad idea. This week I have been much more productive than usual trying to get ahead rather than waiting until the last minute like I typically do. Productivity is very important in day to day life because if you can’t be productive, what can you be? So I thought it would be useful if I shared my five tips on being productive so that the world can get stuff done.
- Put away your phone. Better yet, turn it off completely. Unless you’re waiting for a very important call, your phone holds nothing but distractions. Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and directions on how to walk from here to Spain are accessible and suddenly become necessities when you study or you’re trying to get something done. Take my advice, they are not necessary. Turn the phone off.
- Find a quiet place and make it yours. Mine is my bed, for others it’s the library, or just a hidden corner of a room. This is key to being productive. In these places few people know how to find you and those who know how to find you probably know not to bother you because you are trying to get stuff done.
- Have a glass of water and snack next to you. I can’t tell you how much time I spend dilly dallying getting water and snacks just so I don’t have to work on my papers. If it’s next to you then you don’t have to spend time getting those and then deciding you need to fill up your water filter and maybe go to the vending machine for chips instead of pretzels.
- Listen to relaxing music. Personally, I always pick something along the lines of a solo piano because it helps me to clear my mind and focus on what’s important. Everyone is different though so maybe some screamo or punk works best for you.
- Rid of all distractions. I mean the biggest one of all: the internet. Unless you need it, exit out. If it is not helping you it is hurting you and trust me you do not need to know which character you are from “Orange is the New Black” it can wait until you finish whatever you need to finish.
While I’m a college student, this isn’t quite useful to me, but small business owners this is for you! Kabbage is a provider of small business loans and are really helpful for entrepreneurs who want to be productive and expand. This can help any business owner or entrepreneur to meet their goals and become productive. They give money overnight to help ensure the accomplishment of their goals quickly and efficiently.