Hello friends I know you’re all very stressed about finals this week and next week. I feel like most of you are suffering this week, so I am but finals aren’t even until next week! Anyway, I just feel like I need to put this out there because we are in college and forget to take care of ourselves.
- Caffeine is bad for you. Do not over do it, you can really hurt yourself and your heart if you drink too much coffee, take too many caffeine pills, or just ingest anything with excessive amounts of caffeine. I understand that it’s very important to stay awake just try not to over do it because you don’t want to hurt yourself. The last thing you want is hurt yourself and end up in the hospital finals week. Caffeine also accelerates anxiety (why I tried to give it up over the summer) so if you’re already stressed it’s might make it worse.
- Sleep is good for you. Don’t forget to sleep. All nighters happen but take a nap, don’t go too long without sleep because you can’t function properly without it.
- Eat. Don’t forget to eat, reward yourself with food. It’s the best motivator.
- Drink lots of water. It helps to hydrate you and your brain! You’re more productive when you’re hydrated rather than dehydrated.
- If you feel sick stop and assess the situation. Make sure you don’t need water or food or if it’s stress. If you feel a cold take some medicine and vitamin c.
Please everyone don’t forget to take care of yourselves. Personal well-being should always come before grades and I hate to say that. I know it’s stressful but hurting yourself for that A is not worth it.
Good luck with exams!!