A New Era Begins

I wasn’t going to post today because you know, a break since I’ve decided not to blog everyday for 2015 but I can’t start the year off with no post, I have to do something. So here’s to 2015 my friends.

I guess I should maybe layout a plan for the new year in order to “get my shit together”. I am going to blog 3-5 days a week in order to keep my creativity. You may be asking, why not 4 and meet halfway, well the answer to that is I hate even numbers for some odd reason. I hope you got that pun, if not reread until you do. Anyway, I hope to have one post a week that is part of a series. I have a few ideas but I’m not quite sure what I want to do yet. Like a Motivational Monday type thing but not that really, I’m working on it. I also really want to plan rather than get on and just write. If I plan the chances of the post being better are much higher. I would also just like to acknowledge that my week will run Monday through Sunday that way I follow it so if I tell you I feel like I have to follow it. I can already tell it’s going to be hard getting used to not blogging everyday, I will however be on WordPress usually everyday.

I love the word era just because it means so much. Like the end of an era is so finite, like once an era ends it’s done and sure you can look back on it but it’s finished. Today we aren’t finished we are adding another year to our lives. Another birthday, Christmas, school year, just another year of life and that is to be celebrated. This is the start of firsts too, people will get married, have kids, start relationships, I mean I don’t know if any of these will happen for me, but it could be my first time living in a different country (hopefully).

If you’re reading this, I want you to know that you can make 2015 the best year of your life if you make an conscious effort to do what you want to do and limit your influences from other people. Negative influence hurt you and you don’t need that. Stay positive and cut out those who don’t care. The best part of 2015 is for you to be you, and anyone should be able to do that! If you cannot for whatever reason or situation you are in, I hope you have someone to talk to and if you don’t, you have me! Being who you are is one of the hardest but best things you can do for yourself, so make 2015 the year of you.

signature

6 thoughts on “A New Era Begins

1. Katie January 1, 2015 / 10:34 pm

Just out of curiosity, how are you going about making a plan for your blog. It’s something that I would like to do as well, but I don’t really know where to start.

• Mary January 1, 2015 / 10:36 pm

Last year I made a calendar for the month and it went horribly because you can’t plan out your mood a month in advance if that makes sense. I’m going to try and do a weekly thing. I’ll schedule time in my planner that way it’s kind of like homework, I know when to do it so I won’t really procrastinate (hopefully). Do you have any ideas? I’m still kind of brainstorming.

• Katie January 1, 2015 / 10:41 pm

Right now I’m trying to increase the quality of my posts. Writing anything other than formal papers is difficult for me, so I’m still trying to figure out how to express my thoughts in more creative ways that your typical critical essay. Right now I’m just kind of taking topics as they come, but I’m unhappy with that because then I end up with a long trend of posts about one thing and neglect other subjects. I’m thinking about always having a stash of ready-to-publish posts so that I can vary up the topics and still have the ability to write as things come to me.
        I would like to have a more solidified plan, but I just don’t know how to have a plan without hating the plan itself.

• Mary January 2, 2015 / 6:42 pm

That’s what I’m going to try and focus on this year too, quality over quantity. I have close to 200 drafts of things I’ve started but never really finished incase the inspiration for them ever strikes again.
          That’s the problem I have with plans as well, as soon as I have one I start to hate it, and blogging isn’t something I want to hate.

2. I Am A Duncan January 1, 2015 / 11:05 pm

Going to make the best of everything this year. Happy New Year.

• Mary January 2, 2015 / 6:40 pm