Well, right now, our choices aren’t looking too good for the 2016 Presidential race. Donald Trump is in the lead for the Republicans, and if you aren’t an upper class, white, man, why on earth would you vote for him? Also, if you are an upper class, white, man, why would you vote for him? He’s crazy, racist, misogynistic, and creepy. Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are nearly neck and neck, but how many college students are actually going to go out and vote? Therefore, Clinton will most likely win the Democratic Primary is my prediction. Now, I know most of you are probably college students and a lot of college student love Bernie Sanders, now if you do, and you’re mad at me for saying this, go vote in the primaries. People older than college students are not going to vote for a socialist, realistically, so if you feel strongly, vote.
Personally, I am not really feeling any type of draw towards any one candidate, or multiple candidates, I feel like no one is saying anything very productive. All I ever hear about is how crazy Trump is. So if he wins, or I’m not happy with the choice, I will most likely move to another country.
These are the options that I find the best places to live if we end up in the worst country after the elections in the fall:
- Canada. While it’s cold, they have good health care.
- Iceland. 120 days for paternity leave which America doesn’t have any type of paternity leave.
- Sweden. They’ll give 56 weeks of paid Maternity leave.
- Ireland. Well I was just there and it’s pretty.
- Australia. It just seems nice there, but I’ve heard they have some issues, but I guess all countries do.
- Austria. Forbes.com ranks it as having the number one city in the world.
- Denmark. IBTimes.co.uk ranks this as the number one country in the world, based on corruption, and in this case, the lack thereof. Therefore, if Trump wins, this is where you want to go.
- France. If you are unemployed, they have the best benefits.
- Germany. If you are a college student from anywhere in the world, you can go to school for free!
- Switzerland. They’re always just minding their own business, maybe we should take a page from their book!
When it comes down to it, yes America is great, but with these political candidates I believe that we need some better ideas asap or we will be forced to find a home somewhere else in the world in order to live a better life. Well I mostly think that if Trump wins, but really I think it might end up being the same way for a lot of candidates. The best America has to offer needs some improvement, don’t forget to vote!