Last weekend when I was home wrapping Christmas presents I needed a Christmas movie to go along with it, I decided to go with the Netflix Original: “A Christmas Prince.”
This review may contain spoilers.
I am a firm believer that everyone loves a good Hallmark/Lifetime movie this year. It’s a great time of year to remember you’re alone and no prince is going to fall in love with you. Well, that’s exactly what happened in this movie. It was very much “The Prince and Me” but with the classic Christmas twist. They’re not in college, and of course, the lead is a struggling journalist. If you aren’t a struggling student, you have to be a struggling writer, that’s the classic plot of a cheesy romantic movie.
The new twist to this movie is that the prince’s sister is disabled. Unsurprisingly, the lead woman befriends the princess as she’s posing as her tutor. The princess is the first to figure it out, and the prince never really does.
As always, the relationship progresses relatively quickly and it ends happily. This is a perfect cheesy and romantic Christmas movie. On my scale, for good Christmas movie, I would give this a solid 7/10, if you’re a movie critic I’d give it a solid 4/10.
Let me know what you think!
My Top 10 Favorite Christmas Movies
Here’s the thing with me and Christmas movies, I’m not the traditional “Elf” kind of person, I like the super cheesy, overly thought out, with very convenient plot lines that usually air on ABC’s 25 Days of Christmas, however, there has to be a few classics on the list too.
- The Polar Express- It makes you just want to believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas.
- The Santa Clause- This is the first Christmas movie I really remember watching as a kid, it’s not Christmas without at least one of the Santa Clause movies.
- Snowglobe- Don’t you just want to get trapped in a snowglobe in the perfect world? It just makes you appreciate the real world and its imperfections.
- Desperately Seeking Santa- I just find the “sexy” Santa idea completely outrageous and ridiculous that I have to watch the movie every year just to laugh about it.
- Holidaze- It’s the classic love story with a Christmas spin, who doesn’t love that?
- Santa Baby- Because Christmastime is the only time of year when people actually have my name in movies, also she’s Santa’s daughter saving Christmas. It’s just the best.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (real people)- I don’t like cartoons, but I do like this classic real people movie. I just think it’s fun and reminds me of my childhood.
- Home Alone- I distinctly remember watching every single Home Alone movie one day a very long time ago, like all of them, when they started replacing the kid. It’s just one of those classics that you have to watch every year. But just the first two with the real kid.
- Christmas with the Kranks- Because you could never skip a Christmas.
- Jingle All the Way- I remember watching this movie with my dad as a kid, and now it’s just one of those nostalgic movies for me. It is also pretty funny.
What are your favorite Christmas movies?