Yes you did brush your teeth this morning so stop worrying about it already!
Recently I’ve been facing a problem where if I do not write every single thing I need to do down, it’s not going to be remembered and therefore is unlikely to actually occur. I thought a little “note to self” might be of use today.
You’re going to write those articles, answer those emails, and do your homework, it’s on the to-do list and will get done, it’s a guarantee. What you need to remember is to put yourself first. Everyone around you has opinions, and they are great. The people around you are great, but sometimes, your thoughts matter more.
What do you want to do today? Do you want to cook dinner? Go to the store? Go to class? Do what you need to do, then pick and choose.
A note to self- worry about you and what you can control. There’s so much that falls outside of your realm of control, try not to worry about it.
Self-care is sometimes the most important thing you can do for yourself so don’t skip it, just embrace it.
Tackle your to-do list and write notes to yourself until you get everything done.
First and foremost I thought my new series idea was dumb so I decided that I’m not going to do that one anymore. So this is just a random little post on stupid things I do because I do really dumb things all the time and I repeat them all the time. I’m going to do a list of all the stupid things I do with some explanations of them.
- I skip a meal like lunch or breakfast and then I get so hungry my stomach hurts so I miss the rest of the meals. I did this today and I thought I was getting sick, turned out I just required food.
- I fill up shopping carts online and review them daily until I finally decide to either buy it or I don’t want it anymore. I recently just got rid of a Forever 21 bag and filled an eBay cart but I’ll probably actually buy that stuff because I need it.
- I binge watch Netflix. This is so bad. I could be such a productive person if I would’ve made a different investment this past summer. I can watch seasons of shows in days. It’s awful.
- I don’t sleep. I do this thing where I feel like sleeping is unnecessary so I’ll stay up to 2 or so in the morning and then I’ll be up by 9 at the latest the next morning and I’ll do this for days until it gets to the point where I can’t even keep my eyes open in class anymore. That’s stupid too.
- I don’t put my clothes away so my chair piles up with clothes until I run out of other clothes to wear and I have to start going through that to find something to wear.
- I get too lazy to text people back so I just don’t. It’s funny that I can sit here and write blog posts every day but I can’t respond to a simple yes or no question.
- I ignore important things like due dates that stress me out which only makes it worse when they get there.
- I try and do so many things at the same time. I will play YouTube videos while watching Netflix. This is taking multitasking to the extreme and I can’t say it’s a good thing.
- Sometimes I do this experiment where I see how long I can go without leaving my room except for class, bathroom, and food (to eat in my room) I’m not sure if this is healthy or not. Probably not.
- When I have to talk to new people I suddenly develop a stutter and I can no longer function. I am the most awkward person you could ever meet and I probably give a really bad first impression.
Anyway those are ten stupid things I do on a semi-regular basis. Thanks for reading, and hopefully I’ll have a new series for you guys next week!
Guys it’s Christmas Eve! So I wrote up a post and everything yesterday but I fell asleep before I could even hit publish so I decided just to do another today.
As you guys may I have picked up on, I love Christmas, and this includes the various traditions that my family has, so I thought I would just share some of them with you guys! Feel free to leave yours in the comments!
- The one thing we have done every year since I was born, probably even before that is go to my grandparents house and do a gift exchange with our cousins, have Christmas dinner, and spend time with our extended family because we see the opposite side of our families the next day. Our gift exchange is assigned by picking names out a bowl and the only rule is it can’t be a sibling or spouse in the case of our parents. I really like this because I just love spending time with my family celebrating and eating.
- After we get back from this we get to open one present, which is always pajamas to wear to bed that night so we have new ones for whatever reason. This is probably one of my favorite ones because I love pajamas and I wear them all day if I don’t have anything going on, it’s just a nice present.
- I also love going to church. This is something I talk about a lot in my blog because religion is a very controversial subject, but I am a fairly religious person (I hope this doesn’t affect our relationship at all but if it does, I’m sorry) and I love going to what is typically Christmas Eve service, however, if my family has the unfortunate problem of having to serve on the alter, like my sisters and mom do this year, we go Christmas day. It’s so nice to sing the Christmas hymns and here the story of Jesus’ birth every year.
- Christmas morning, of course with two younger sisters, I am awoken at the crack of dawn, by that I mean 7 am. I’m not really a fan of it, but I guess I get presents earlier this way.
- Then as soon as they wake me up, they go to get our parents up, then my mom, my sisters, and I have to sit at the top of the steps while my dad fiddles with something downstairs (it’s been 19 years now and I still don’t know what he’s doing down there!) and then when we finally go down we first open our stockings and then go downstairs again, to the basement and open our presents.
- Another Christmas Tradition is the pickle that my dad hides in the tree, whoever finds it gets an extra present. Sometimes this is a two hour process, other times fifteen minutes, it all depends on how tricky he decides to be.
- Finally, the last Christmas tradition that my family has is that anyone in our extended to family is invited to our house for dinner and it’s just nice to have everyone around the dinner table one a year laughing and sharing memories from Christmas’s past and what’s going on in everyone’s busy lives.
Well I guess you guys can probably see better now why I love Christmas so much. Anyway, please share your traditions in the comments! Have a very merry Christmas, or happy Hanukkah but that’s over now, well I hope you had a good one then!
So sorry about the missing the past few days, it’s been super busy. HA just kidding. I’ve been watching Netflix on my laptop so I couldn’t type at the same time. So any way, today was the last day of orientation and the start of classes yippee! To finish off orientation we had our convocation and received our dinks (if anyone has a question about that put it in the comments and it will be the first picture posted of me!) and had to sit in the heat and listen to people talk and it was boring. After that I had lunch went back to my dorm with some of the friends I made and then I went to my first class. My major of intent is Communications with the intention to concentrate in Journalism with either a double major or minor in Political Science, so anyway my first class was Mass Media and Society. The professor was really funny but some people in the class seemed a little snooty and that was kinda annoying. Anyway so that was today.
Now I’m back in my dorm watching some YouTube videos and I’m going to go to dinner soon but I wanted to write about something I’ve been struggling with the past couple of days and that is loneliness. I think for most people college is a time to find the friends that they will have for life because they didn’t have great friends in high school, but my experience differed from that of a lot of peoples, and I know I already have those friends back home. So for me being here and trying to make friends is hard because I just don’t seem to be making that connection with anyone like most people are. I did make one friend but she’s a commuter so that means breakfast and dinner alone and that wasn’t as bad when it was just the freshman but now it’s everyone and the dining hall is always more crowded and that’s a little frustrating. So if anyone else is struggling with that let me know because I don’t know if I shouldn’t be feeling like this. So comment with your experiences so I can try to help and maybe someone out there has some advice for me too! So hopefully there will be an update tomorrow but I’m not exactly sure on what.