You had to know this was coming, so here are my 2018 goals! I decided to pick just 10 this year (again) so it is more achievable.
- Go to the gym a minimum of three times a week
- Work on transitioning my blog and online presence to more of what I want it to be and less of just quick fixes.
- Start working freelance
- Get organized
- Open an Etsy shop
- A solo-vacation (or maybe with friends who knows)
- Read 12 books
- Volunteer and be more charitable
- Write a book about blogging and publish it for the Amazon Kindle
- Eat better!
What are your goals for the new year?
It’s real. I’m going to blog again. My life has gotten crazy and my blog has definitely taken a back seat to all of my other commitments. However, this is something that I truly love doing so I’ve done my research, got Katie as my accountability buddy and from this point forward there will be a blog post every week until the end of 2016.
A lot has changed since I’ve been here last, I have a million jobs (that I love!!) I’ve been to DC (not really new, it’s too close to be new at this point), a few haircuts, and I turned 22. I am most excited about the later, it my Taylor Swift year and so far it’s been off to a good start especially since my haircut makes me feel like her.
By this point, if you are a reader, you’ve seen my anxiety post, so that’s new too. I have also gotten a new planner which I’ve created to be a blog binder as well. I cannot wait for the new year for a lot of reason, but a big one is all of the inserts that I can buy on Etsy, because IT’S A FILOFAX!! I found an affordable one at Michael’s and with the 40% off coupon, I couldn’t say no. Expect a post on that in the near future.
I’ve been doing a lot of research on how to be a better blogger. I think I’ve done more research on blogging this year than actual blogging. I hit a rut, acknowledged a multitude of times, and now I plan on really doing something about it. I have an accountability buddy, so really, I have no excuse from this point forward.
How do you stay motivated as a blogger? Any tips or tricks I should take into account? Let me know!!
Well something I am obsessed with, especially at college, is online shopping. I would totally tell you about how much of a detriment it is to my bank account, but that’s a whole different story. So I know it’s far past Friday at this point but I actually went and hung out with people tonight so I think that’s excusable. Anyway, I could just share with you some places where I find the best online deals.
- AMAZON! They literally have everything you could possibly ever need. If you’re a college student you are eligible for six months free of Amazon Prime, andddddd you get it at half off when you have to start paying. Amazon Prime is a fantastic invention that gives you free shipping on thousands upon thousands of items, and it only takes 2 days! It’s actually amazing. The best deals that I find here are usually on phone cases and bumpers for my iPhone 5. Maybe I’ll do an Amazon favorites next week with the best shops and such because I could go on and on forever.
- American Eagle/ Aerie. They have far better sales online and if you sign up for the sales there are lots of opportunities for free shipping, like right now just because it’s cold they have free shipping. You can also get coupons in the mail which include things like free underwear, which are very good quality and nice. I know these stores are typically pretty pricy, but the sales are usually pretty good and I think that the qualities of clothes are worth it.
- Etsy. Okay so yes, I know there are individual shops but I think that the overall site is overpriced. I wanted to get some bumper stickers for my laptop and when I had three in my cart it was priced far over $15 and to me that’s not worth it at all. I think it has some awesome things on it like handmade rings and vintage pieces but some of the stuff is not worth the cost to me. It’s fun to window shop but it’s rare that I actually buy stuff from the actual sight.
- shopjawbreaking.com. If you have the money, SHOP HERE. I go on their site sometimes and stare at all of the wonderful clothes and drool a little bit. I personally don’t have anything from here but I wish I did. My friends have some shirts and sweatshirts and they love them, and I’m super jealous.
Okay so that’s it for now because I want to go to bed because I am exhausted. Anywho I think we should have an adventure for tomorrow but we shall see.