Every year I make New Year’s resolutions and my original plan was to reflect on my last years resolutions except I did such a good job keeping up to date on it and I lost them, so I thought I would share with you my goals for the new year.
- Blog everyday- I would like to try and really do this as well as have some sort of schedule for the postings.
- Reach 300 followers, this is just a personal goal and if it doesn’t happen it’s totally okay I think it’s something I want to try.
- Make a really good friend at school, someone to hang out with and get meals with on a regular basis.
- Get a new job, and this doesn’t mean quit my current job because it’s a good safety net but I really need a new job to make more money.
- A more positive outlook on life- I really need to stop being so negative and hating everything, and I want to try to be more optimistic
- Go to a party for more than 30 minutes. This is something that I just need to do for myself, I don’t need to drink or do drugs or whatever people do at parties but I need to experience college better.
- Try to overcome my anxiety. I just want to figure out and calm down so it’s not so bad because it hinders me from doing things that I really want to do and that needs to stop.
- Stop cracking my knuckles- pretty self explanatory.
- To be passionate about something- I feel like a lot of things, but I don’t feel like I’m really passionate about anything and I really really want to be.
- 300 YouTube subscriber, which I’m seeing as kind of unrealistic right now but it’s something that I would like to hopefully achieve this year.
- I would like to better recognize those who actually care about me compared to those who only want things from me.
- I want to remember to tell those I appreciate how much they mean to me.
- I need to keep in mind that I am really lucky especially when things are bad.
- I would love to learn something new, so suggestions please! I need a cool new hobby!
- Joe Sugg. Look him up, I’m in love with him. Tell him to love me.
So share with me your goals! Hope you enjoyed!
Happy (almost) New Year!
So today I came to the unfortunate conclusion that it is time to grow up. I mean yes, I still am a freshman and college and yes I still have four years to go, however I am nineteen years old and it’s time to start acting like I have my shit together. Now I know most people start this at the beginning of the year and fail by October, well HA because I’m starting in October and I’m determined not to fail. I want to dress nicer, and do my make up more, that way by the time I graduate I will be used to it and I’ll do it for work in shit like that. So today I was going out and I bought make up! :O For those of you who know me- which none of you really do, this is a huge step because I never actually wear make up. I know that this is an odd time in my life to start things like this, but I don’t really know, like I just feel like I should be trying harder. I guess I always kind of complain that people don’t really pay attention to me, and maybe I think they will if I look nicer. But it’s true, the nicer you look the more attention people will pay you. Now this is not to say I will not be putting my yoga pants to rest- no, I will still wear those just not everyday. I’ll wear real bras rather than the simple sport ones I typically wear. I hope that people will start to take me more seriously, I should’ve taken college as a fresh start from the beginning of the year, but I still have my chance now. So here’s to the fresh new (hopefully pretty) start of Mary.
Thanks again for reading, I really appreciate it! If you want you can follow me on twitter- @mrmilligan13, just send me a tweet and I’d love to follow you back! Love you guys so much!
So the goodbyes are done and you are beyond ready to move in, bags and bins and practically you’re life is packed away into a car or two and it’s time to go. On the way there you feel nervous, excited, and even a little bit anxious. Then you arrive and all of that is gone, you just have the panicking of unpacking and trying to get you’re whole life into a tiny room that you are most likely sharing with a complete stranger!
This was at least my emotions as I moved in today. I walked into the room and unexpectedly found my roommate who had told me that she wasn’t going to be there until later so that took me back a little bit. Then as piles and piles of my own belonging came through the door I began to feel panicky again, which slowly began to fade as I unpacked and felt a TON better.
So as the room was finished and after I went out to lunch with my parents orientation begin. If you ask me starting orientation and having it go until 9:30 on move-in day it is pretty cruel. Well after a long day of awkward small talk and exchanging numbers with very few people and avoiding all the party people I am beyond ready for bed.
For those of you just moving into college as well, please share your experiences! I love to hear other people’s adventures too! Tomorrow I’ll try to do more on those awkward ice breakers, the people I’m trying to avoid, and my plan to (hopefully) get along with my roommate.
As I prepare myself to leave for college there are a lot of matters to take care of. The first being packing, I don’t know about you but I hate packing, it’s so time consuming and annoying. So whilst packing as well as cleaning out my room I found hundreds of memories. I found pictures, notes, books, things from third grade, it’s amazing the things I thought I would want but after years and years of saving they were tossed into the trashcan without a second glance. Once the room and memories are put into boxes and you’re left with very few items in your bedroom, clothes are packed and you have a few outfits out for the next few days so that you don’t miss any clothes it comes time to start saying goodbyes. The thing about goodbyes are sometimes you never know that’s the moment of goodbye, you’ll say “I’ll see you soon” and before you know it soon becomes too late and it’ll be a while until you see them again, November, December. who knows. So far I have said my official goodbyes to two of my very good friends and that went buy without tears and now as I’m writing this I am preparing myself for tomorrow, saying goodbye to three of my best friends, I can already feel the tears. So my beloved readers, tell me your goodbye stories, tell me how you dealt with those, because tomorrow when I hug them goodbye, it’s goodbye for good and that kills me. My advice for goodbyes, keep it simple, and remember that it’s not forever but just a little while. So my goodbye to you readers is filled with love, until next post.