By the time you are reading this I will be in NYC, isn’t that cool? I’m currently setting up 6 blog posts because I don’t know if I’ll have time to write while I’m there. So let’s go over the past couple weeks.
As you know from yesterdays post I recently ventured to Boston with my friend Lindsay (don’t forget to check out the video, link in yesterday’s post). It was a grand old time. I’m not going to go into detail there because you already read all of that. So that week just had a lot of stuff going on as did this previous week. There’s just so much stuff to do and this week was rough just because I had to play the waiting game a lot which was awful. I hate the waiting game. I did get my free shirt from Jawbreaking which was awesome ( it’s featured in yesterday’s post). You guys should go checkout their website, loads of cool stuff and Sunday’s are Fundays so they have sales along with free shipping across the country. This is not a brand deal though, I wish it was that would be awesome. Anyway, back on track, not much else happened.
This week, I mean you know at this point that I’m in New York. I’m there for Model UN oh what fun. Hopefully it goes well, but we shall see. I had a ton to do yesterday before I left so hopefully it all pays off. After that I get back Thursday after classes and then Friday I have to go to my classes before I rush home for the weekend for Easter. I CAN’T WAIT! I miss my family. I just need to get home. I have to work Saturday and then go to mass Sunday for Easter and then to my grandparent’s for some meal, I’m not sure which one, I’m really out of the loop on details. I’ll get to see my family for a long time in a while and I can’t wait! I miss everyone a lot.
Okay so that’s it, really short for two weeks but I can’t focus and I have a ton to do. This is also weird writing a day in advance and it’s confusing me. Thanks for reading! Wish my luck while I work during the conference.
To be honest I hate doing school work, but I guess who does? The problem is for me that I do anything to avoid it, I’ll watch YouTube videos, read blogs, check my blog, write posts, edit videos, basically anything but homework. I hate the fact that I’m learning things I could care less about. I want to learn exciting things, however to do that I need to be more interested in something, and I don’t know what that something is. I love history but what do history majors do? Teach, no thank you. I like writing, and I’m sorry if this offends anyone, but the journalism/ communication majors drive me insane and it’s hard to take classes with them. They think they know everything and I can’t stand people like that and I can’t see myself in an industry of people like that. So that leaves me with gen eds this semester, two sciences, sociology- which I don’t think is even a gen ed, I was considering double majoring in social work and political science, so my adviser recommended that but that’s not what I’m doing so it’s a waste of credits, yay, a language requirement- Arabic 102 which is the only thing keeping me away from my maybe major of Global Studies because I don’t think I can do two more semesters of that or place into a high enough Spanish so yeah, I don’t know what I’m doing, and finally Model UN which is way too much work for a one credit class if you ask me.
I hate the fact that when I get out of class around 3:30 everyday that I have to come back to my room, take a twenty minute break if I’m lucky and spend the rest of my night trying to do homework that I could care less about. I hate the fact that I have to try and decide what I’m going to spend the rest of my life doing by next year. This is all very stressful. I never thought in high school that I would be in college so unsure of what I was going to do. I guess I thought that it would just come to me, I don’t know why I thought that, I just thought it would. I know there are no short cuts to anywhere worth going, so I’m just going to take this journey where it leads me, and hopefully it’s not too bad.
Well this post got a little bit more in depth than I thought it would, hopefully that’s okay though.
Let me just fast forward through February and March and into April so that I can get to my adventures. The first weekend in April I’m making the journey to Boston to visit my friend Lindsay and I can’t wait. I got a really cheap overnight bus ticket so I’m looking forward to that. So I’ll be spending the weekend with her and doing stuff in Boston. She named a few places that we’re going to go to but I don’t really remember. I’m just excited because I love cities in the north, they’re so pretty, they could give cities on the west coast a run for their money- however, I’m still a fan of San Francisco and Seattle more so. It will totally be worth the long ride, hopefully it’s not too crowded and it won’t affect my anxiety, and most importantly, hopefully I can sleep. I also would like to do some vlogging on this trip so hopefully Lindsay won’t mind and I can get some good footage. I will sure to take a lot of pictures and do a proper blog post on traveling again because I have for sure been lacking on adventures and I hate that.
So what else is bringing you ask? Well I am going to New York for Model UN, and I’m a pretty excited for that as well. It is for a grade, and basically all work as well, but we do have one night off to go out, which I will love. I’m not super good friends with anyone that’s going which makes it a little bit more difficult, but I think I’ll have fun either way. I really want to Central Park and spend a good amount of time there, maybe work on some of my writing, I mean I do write stuff other than blogs. Or would that be too super cliche college hipster girl for me? I’m not a hipster you know. So hopefully I can get some cool city pictures too and stop stealing a lot of the ones I use off of Tumblr. Anyway, I can’t wait to finally share some adventures with you guys again! This is getting boring up in here! We need some change guys! So more of that to come in tomorrows update- beware it shall be a long one.
So for those of you who don’t know (which I’m assuming is all of you) I would like to confess that I am YouTube obsessed and not only that but I owe a lot to these YouTubers. I don’t have a dramatic story like I was suicidal or depressed when I started watching these people who made me smile no matter how I was feeling, but I do have a lot of anxiety and they did always help ease that. Anyway I’ll give you some of my favorites at the end so you guys can look them up, but some of them do tags so their viewers can get to know them better so I thought I would do the same sort of thing just fifty some odd facts about myself so I hope you enjoy and laugh at my little quirks!
- I still sleep with my stuffed rabbit that has a rattle in it from when I was a baby. Its name is Chew Bunny because I used to suck on its ears when I was sad so it’s really mangy and gross. (If this post gets 5 likes I’ll post a picture in the comments!!)
- Junior and Senior year of high school I carried a briefcase instead of a backpack to class.
- When I was about 9 or 10 I fell of my scooter to save a frog and a chunk of my skin came out of my elbow so I have a scar because my mom didn’t know I needed stiches. There was too much blood to be able to tell.
- I love to crochet, but I have never actually made anything for myself.
- I met my best friends on a People to People trip, I haven’t even known them for two years but it feels like I’ve known them forever. We do absolutely everything together.
- When I was checking my email today Caspar Lee (my favorite YouTuber replied to my comment) and I sobbed for ten minutes because I was fangirling.
- I can’t sleep if it’s silent.
- My newest obsession is Grey’s Anatomy.
- It looks like I take a lot of pictures but I take a lot in one day so it looks like I do but I really don’t.
- I hate sleeping I think it’s a waste of time.
- I have a lot of nice clothes but I’d rather wear t-shirts all the time.
- I have the most random collection of music ever because I have not deleted anything since the fifth grade and only added.
- My inspiration for starting a blog came from a YouTube video and I guess that’s kind of why I started a vlog too but I believe that I’m much better at writing than I am at talking.
- During my senior year of high school I was President of Quiz Bowl (as well as MVP), President of Science Olympiad, Vice President of Model UN, Treasurer of my class, and I was also in a leadership club and National Honors Society.
- I have two little sisters, a dog, and I had a turtle up until about a week before I left for college when it died.
- I’m a coffee addict.
- I work at Starbucks and Burger King.
- I love to read but I haven’t read a really good book in a very long time. (Any suggestions?!?)
- I’ve been to Canada (three times), Ireland (twice), England, Wales, France, Netherlands, and Belgium. (I really like traveling.)
- My favorite places include Seattle and London because of their gloominess, I don’t like the sun.
- I love rain, it’s so inspiring.
- I’d much rather be cold than hot.
- People think I’m a hipster because I wear “hipster” glasses but they’re real and they were not my first choice, but my first choice were way too big and the optometrist said I couldn’t get them.
- If I’m around someone too long I pick up their mannerisms and it drives me insane because I don’t feel like an individual anymore.
- When I graduate I’m going to join an NGO and help people because that’s my dream. I don’t really care if I won’t make any money.
- I don’t really want to get married or have kids, it’s never been a goal of mine.
- The biggest thing I miss about my hometown is the stars. I don’t know if you just can’t see them here or if I’m never out late enough, but I miss the clear skies at home.
- I have not worn matching socks since the first grade.
- If I am home alone I will not wear pants, and I will not wear them to bed.
- I love Netflix, I like to watch the super weird movies.
- I love converse but my mom said that they were too worn to bring to college so I think that’s an excuse to buy another pair.
- I am very good at reading people, I can tell if I’ll be able to be friends with someone just by looking at them. I am a very good judge of character and I am never surprised by someone’s personality. Sometimes I fall for their tricks, but my first opinion of them is always right.
- I hate texting unless it’s with my best friends, if someone wants to have a conversation they should call me.
- I can’t be with most people for more than a day without getting annoyed.
- I am very introverted and I don’t like to go out.
- People in high school called me “Mother Mary” and “Mamma Mary” because I liked to take care of everyone.
- I was commencement speaker at my high school graduation.
- I am extremely honest and I don’t like to sugar coat anything.
- I don’t like keeping secrets about me or anyone else for that matter. If you want to know something about me all you have to do is ask and I won’t have a problem telling you. I am an open book.
- This is the first time in years that I do not have a crush on anyone, I do however still have feelings for a guy that played me. I do not like him, but yes I still have feelings for him.
- I had my first boyfriend in ninth grade and we “dated” for over a year.
- The only sport I genuinely like watching is baseball, I did go to my best friends volleyball games occasionally to be supportive.
- I am an awful speller and spell check is my best friend.
- I am horribly impatient.
- I love cardigans and they are my favorite winter wear.
- Sports bras are my favorite because I don’t like how big my boobs are.
- If I don’t like someone they usually can tell, I’m not going to try and hide it.
- If a boy gave me flowers I’d be pissed. They’re just going to die. It is not romantic. Buy me chocolate and I will love you forever.
- I have a vat of useless knowledge.
- I know a lot about animal sex habits for some reason. (Like I don’t actually know why.)
- I seriously appreciate every single one of you who reads my blog. I hope I entertain you in some way.
Thanks so much for reading guys, if I can I’m gonna try and do daily uploads. Let’s hope I can do it. I love writing to you guys I feel like I’m putting a smile on at least one person’s face. If you guys have any questions about my facts or you want to let me know anything about you go for it in the comments! I would love to read about what you guys have to say and know more about you!
As promise here are some of my favorite YouTubers: Zoella, PointlessblogTV, MarcusButtlerTV, dicasp (Caspar Lee), ThatcherJoe, and so many more. These guys have literally changed my life and there’s really no other way to put that. It’s probably super lame and cliché but they really have and if they ever see this I hope they know the differences they have made in my life.
Thanks again guys you mean the world to me, I love you all so much.