It has been quite sometime that I’ve ventured to this little corner of my blog, one of my previously most written in sections, I mean 27 posts is quite a few. Speaking of 27, Mary Fun Fact™ it’s my favorite number.
Recently, I have been very anxious again. I don’t know if it’s the boy stressing me out (yes of course he had to text me) or I drank too much this past weekend but I can’t shake it. It’s so annoying.
Besides the point, I have exactly two months until graduation. It’s absolutely insane. I cannot believe how quickly my time in college has gone. The past four years have flown by like no other. I remember when I finished middle school my mom was talking to my best friend and me about how quickly time was going to start going and I think about last year I realized how true that was. There’s a part of me who never wants to leave college, and then there’s a bigger part of me that’s very excited for the future.
This spring break was probably my most uneventful yet. I didn’t work, we had a snow day, and I went home for the weekend. However, other than my desire to be reading on a beach somewhere, I really appreciated all of the downtime I finally had. I probably should have done more school work than I did, but there’s a reason it’s a break.
I’m not sure what else really should be in here. I feel like there are a million things I have to say, yet nothing at the same time. I guess for now, this is my update.
What’s going on with everyone else?
Sometimes, I think seriously. Although, I think life should be fun, exciting, and we should try and laugh at the little things, there are somethings I take very seriously. I was thinking today about some of these things and I thought I would just make a list about it.
- Suicide and depression is not a joking matter. Ever. Never ever tell anyone to go kill themselves, never joke about wanting to kill yourself, never say that you’re depressed if you’re just having a bad day. I see a lot of jokes like this on twitter and tumblr, and I think everyone should know that it’s not okay. There are real people who struggle with these things and they shouldn’t have to hear people making jokes about it or glorify them. I guess self-harm would also qualify under this category. When you reblog pictures of people who cut words into their arms and then caption it “beautiful” it’s not beautiful, it’s sad. It’s sad that someone is so depressed that they are carving words into themselves, they need help, and you telling them that it’s beautiful is not helping them. This is actually something I’ve done a few blog posts on, so if you go under the “Serious Stuff” category you can read more about my opinion there.
- There are certain words that people shouldn’t use in any circumstance or situation. I don’t even want to write these word here because they’re so offensive, so I’m just going to put the first letters: the n-word, the r-word, and the f-word. The n-word is a racial slur and it makes any user of the word sounds very uneducated, especially when they call their white friends that. Grow up and get some class, please. The r-word is offensive to any person who struggles with mental disabilities, and maybe not to them directly but their family and friends that care about them. I think this is a thing that younger kids use more often, but try words like stupid instead, the r-word is unnecessary. Finally the f-word and I’m not talking about the four letter one, I’m talking about the three letter one. When you call a gay person this you are more likely to come off as homophobic then accepting. To be honest, if you’re still homophobic in today’s society you are fighting a battle that you are going to lose. So to anyone from my hometown reading this, grow up and be loving like Jesus taught us, even those who are gay. Love everyone. Don’t use these words.
- Don’t be the dream crusher. This is something I deal with on a regular basis from various people that I encounter, anywhere from work to school. At the beginning of the year when I was still very set on being a Journalism major, a kid tried to tell me at dinner that I just had to be a Computer Science major, why? Because he was and he thought it was the greatest thing ever. Never be that person, sure you’re passionate about something, but that doesn’t mean every person has to be. I can’t even begin to express my anger towards him, I can feel it starting again. You don’t have to crush someone’s aspirations and dreams just because you think that you’re better. Also, this applies to things like Santa to kids, never be that person either.
- People should never be called ugly or fat or scrawny or too thin or overweight or anything derogatory towards someone’s appearance. If you can see it as an outsider, they’re thinking it themselves a thousands times a day, along with a lot of other really negative things about themselves. Also, making fun of people for something as trivial as looks is just mean and you can’t get much lower than that. You never know what people are going through or thinking themselves, they don’t need more negativity in their lives.
Okay so those are my serious thoughts for the night. A snow day spent alone with lots of work bring many distracting very serious and not so serious thoughts. Off to do more work unfortunately. Is winter over yet? I’m tired of the snow even though it does bring days off, I don’t know if it’s worth it though some days. Okay I need to stop procrastinating now, no plug today because there will be a long one tomorrow, sorry! Still in need of help though!
Well by looking at the title I guess you could assume that I had another snow day today, so thank you to those of you who said a little prayer or did a little dance for me yesterday. So today I’m going to do a list on why snow days are way better than they were in elementary/middle/high schools.
- The school calls you. The only thing I have to do is roll over when I hear my phone and hear the message, no watching the TV for fifteen minutes waiting for your school to show up and then not being able to go back to sleep.
- Your parents are going to ask you every five minutes if you are going to go sledding or go outside when you actually just want to lay around and do nothing all day.
- You don’t have an “extra” day to do chores. Before now my parents would always find me something to clean, however now I never have to clean, but I do anyway.
- No makeup days. In high school you had to make up every day you missed so two hour delays were the hope, now we hope for days off because we don’t have to make them up and it’s not going to change finals week or anything like that.
- You have extra time to get ahead. You have a whole day to do catch up or get ahead on work to make the rest of the week easier.
- However if you aren’t into the whole getting ahead thing you have a day to do nothing, which is also really nice and relaxing.
Well that’s all I have. Go ahead and comment what you like to do on snow days so I can get some more ideas for the next one, which could be as soon as Wednesday (a girl can only hope!). Thanks for reading pals.
February 2: Crust.
February 3: What are the only colors Dutch abstract artist Piet Mondrian used in the spare geometric paintings created during his Neoplastic period?