We’ve all seen them, those tweets saying “relationship goals” or “this is all I want” or a list of high demands from girls about morning texts, instagram pictures and tweets all about them. Well I’m here to say never have I ever wanted any of that.
Here let’s make a list of all these things girls “want”:
- random cheek kissing
- random texts saying you miss me/cute texts
- tweet about me
- a picture of us on instagram/ being your woman crush Wednesday
- the purchase of Victoria’s Secret bras/bathing suits/underwear/ect.
- flowers on the front seat
- declarations saying that I’m yours
- jealousy stuff
- morning/ goodnight texts
- checking up on me
- cuddling whilst driving
- don’t talk to any other girls. ever.
All of this stuff is so stupid. First of all a relationship is a two way street. If you are expecting a guy to do all of that for you, I hope that you do all of that for him. Secondly, those are some pretty high demands. Personally, I would not feel comfortable if my boyfriend were to buy me underwear or bras, let alone $50 ones from Victoria’s Secret. I don’t even like flowers, they die I would not be impressed if I got in a car with those. Also, I don’t think jealousy is attractive and if I have a friend of the opposite sex, that shouldn’t be means for jealousy, just as I would not expect a guy to stop being friends with any girls. Sure, public acknowledgement of a relationship and all is nice, but it’s not the world’s relationship it’s ours. I don’t need comments on my instagram pictures or pictures of me with the caption “#wcw” if you’re in a relationship with me I’m pretty sure you like me and probably my looks at least a little. Good morning and good night texts are okay, but I better not be waking up to a text when you get up because that will not lead to a happy Mary. Even texts saying how you miss me, that puts a little pressure on me, that’s kind of clingy. Too much to handle if you ask me. I don’t know why I kept seeing cuddling while driving in my little research on twitter. That’s just not safe! Come one people! Two hands on the wheel.
Okay now here’s a list of things I find practical in a relationship:
- Being in the same room together, whether you’re doing something together or not, spending time together is what counts.
- Going out without distractions, no twitter, no email, no texting, being able to talk and laugh with each other.
- Talking on the phone maybe once a day or every other day, there doesn’t have to be constant contact.
- Running errands together, simple things like getting shopping done and simply spending time is better than big fancy dates.
- Chocolate over anything else. However, it’s not a necessity, I would consider that being high maintenance.
To be completely honest, relationships are only about the two people in it. I guess if you want all of that stuff it’s awesome and I really hope you find someone like that for you. Personally, I could never handle a relationship like that and I think guys should know that there are girls out there that have lower, maybe more realistic expectations.
Sorry this post might have offended people. I am only putting my own two cents in the matter hopefully you don’t get too upset with me. Thanks for reading either way!