One of the best and worst parts about Christmas is the music. As my dad says, there are about five good holiday songs, now we probably disagree on which songs they are, however all songs have some interesting lines so today I’m going to analyze them.
- “All I Want for Christmas is You”- I guess you could almost call this a Christmas classic at this point, anyone my age loves and adores this song it seems. “And I’m just gonna keep on waiting Underneath the mistletoe,” well first of all I don’t think her “baby” is coming to be honest, but also if you keep waiting under the mistletoe you are wasting a lot of time. Also ask for some books, or maybe someone that will come see you for Christmas. I do like to jam out to this song though, but I don’t want anyone for Christmas, just some books will do.
- “Santa Baby”- Now if you ask me, this song is just creepy. First of all, compare this to “All I want for Christmas is You” this lady wants a lot and she wants Santa too! If you asking me she is a tad greedy and a little bit strange. “Santa baby, a ’54 convertible too, light blue; I’ll wait up for you, dear; Santa baby, So hurry down the chimney tonight,” this is just one of the first lines, I mean that’s a little bit strange.
- “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”- There’s nothing wrong with this song, it just makes me sad. “I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.” Sad. Sad. Sad. I just want the poor man to be home for Christmas.
- “Frosty the Snowman”- In general to be quite honest Frosty is just an upsetting story. The Snowman dies and leaves all of his children friends, how depressing! “Frosty the snowman knew the sun was hot that day, So he said, ‘Let’s run and we’ll have some fun now before I melt away'” That’s a little strange, you have to admit. He was going to die, so come on kids, let go run around! That’s strange.
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”- This is a fun Christmas song in my opinion. The only thing that I find a little bit strange about it is the actually “Rockin’ around the Christmas tree” part just because I just picture a bunch of people dancing around the Christmas tree and in my head it looks quite strange.
Analyze your favorite Christmas song in the comments, I would love to see some other ones!