I know, it seems early for Christmas/the holiday season but this is the first of the series I am doing leading up to Black Friday so you can make your gift lists before you go out shopping or spend a cozy cyber Monday in. I figure, why not start easy and simple: your gal pals.
I don’t know about you, but for my friends, I’ve always found it easiest to buy in sets and divide up the stuff and make a little gift set. In years past I’ve made mugs with their favorite quotes filled with winter goodies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A plain mug
- Oil-based permanent markers
- Individually wrapped treats (chocolate, biscotti, or cookies)
- Packs of hot chocolate and/or instant coffee.
All you need to do after that is write your bestie’s favorite quote on the mug, bake it (this site has a slightly different approach but also a great idea!), make sure to stick a little note in it that they can’t put it in the dishwasher, put on a ribbon and you’re done!
Now if you’re a planner, Etsy is a great resource. This year I’ve planned and been able to get a few things from there, however, a lot of the time if you want to get something personalized it’s going to take a few days for them to make, and shipping can be pricey. It’s not Amazon, no two-day free shipping. The quality is typically pretty good. Here are a few things I would recommend:
- Best friend maps– when the distance is far it’s good to have a reminder of your bestie
- Horoscope necklaces
- Cheesy-kitsch t-shirts from your/their favorite show
- Matching rings
- Customizable anything can be found on Etsy and it’s all adorable.
If you don’t have time to prep an Etsy order you can find so many great things on Amazon.
- Candles with jewelry hidden inside- a novelty!
- Funny shirts
- Create a little mini make up bag with doups of lipsticks with flowers, super soft makeup brushes, and a chrome nail polish
- Fun wine glasses
Let me know what you’re getting your bestie for Christmas! I left out my actual presents because I’d like it to be a surprise. There are a few hints though!
*DISCLAIMER: MARY’S AVERAGE ADVENTURES MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH YOUR CLICKING OF SPONSORED LINKS.