Since I started my blog in 2013 (dang) I’ve shared my goals for the New Year. Normally, this would’ve been done with a reflection of last years goals, but honestly, I haven’t looked at those goals and I’m not ready for a reflection. It also would’ve been posted on either 12/31 or 1/1, but again, I wasn’t ready for that. So here we are, writing this on 1/2 because better late than never!
- Blog consistently and on a schedule. As you may know, I’m getting married this year. I’m also working a lot more and life is just a lot busier than it was in college. However, my blog is my passion, it’s one of the few things that I like to do so I want to devote time to it. I want to take time on Sunday afternoons to work on my blog. I’m really good at being lazy and my blog is the first to go when that’s what I want to do. I’m going to guarantee at least one post every Thursday.
- Make my bed every day. A lot of my goals this year are going to do with tidiness. I’ve been driving myself crazy. Don’t @ me mom, I know you’ve been telling me that for years. But really I’d like to wake up in the morning and make my bed.
- Tying into that, put my clothes away right after I wash them. Right now, they sit in my hamper, or on my chair until I either wear them or finally put them away. I’m lazy.
- Budget and save more. Right now, if I want something I just buy it. That’s so temporary and I really want to think about what I’m buying this year. Like I said, I’m getting married, so I need to start thinking more long-term about everything I do. We want a house, so I need to be more responsible.
- Prioritize my health. In 2018 I did the best with doing what I’m supposed to in terms of my health. I started going to doctor appointments regularly, stopped putting stuff off. There are a few more things I need to do (especially while I’m still on my parent’s insurance #honesty). Again, I need to start thinking long-term, I’ve been dealing with stomach issues for a long time, and still don’t know the cause. That kind of stuff, I’m taking care of this year.
Okay, so that’s that! What are your goals for the new year?