I turned about four months ago now and it seems that with every birthday comes more regrets of things I wish I would’ve told my younger self. These are just a few things that I wish I would’ve known when I was younger, I hope you can laugh at my dumb mistakes. Feel free to comment with your own!
- Never threaten to run away, because your mom might call the cop next door to come have a very awkward talk with you.
- Rebounds never work, don’t get into a new relationship right after one fails.
- Look at the people around you and see if they are actually helping your happiness rather than hindering it.
- If your parents don’t like the person you’re with, you probably aren’t with someone that’s good for you.
- “Things” always cause more damage in the heart area than relationships do because you might expect more than what’s there.
- Movies aren’t real life, don’t try to base your life on any movie plot line, don’t compare friendships, relationships, hardships, or anything in your life to that of a fictional characters.
- Read as much as you can because once you’re older you start to run out of time.
- Spend as much time as you can with your grandparents because you never know what’s going to happen.
- Never fail to say “I love you” to someone you really love, but if you aren’t sure, don’t say it.
- Never be afraid to argue for what you think is right, even if you have to argue with someone older than you, fight for what you think is right.
Well these are just a few of the many things I wish I would’ve known when I was younger. I hope these either help you, or maybe you can add them to your list of things you wish you would’ve known when you were younger. Please comment with your own! Thanks for reading!