Well I intended on doing this June 1st, you know, half way through the year, well my intentions are usually better than what happens (unless it was a good post that day, then it’s okay I suppose), anyway, New Year’s Goals Update! I think it’s good to keep track of these sorts of things just to keep myself in check and remember what I think is important. Both of those sentences were way too long, my apologies. I’m going to rewrite all of the goals again but if you want to read the original you can find that here.
- Blog everyday- I would like to try and really do this as well as have some sort of schedule for the postings. Well I think I’ve only missed one day, even if I’m posting after midnight. However, I think I have made up that post I missed. But, I stopped with the schedule it wasn’t working for me. I think I kept it for two or three months, which I find impressive.
- Reach 300 followers, this is just a personal goal and if it doesn’t happen it’s totally okay I think it’s something I want to try. Well I’m almost to 200 so it seems attainable. However, I think blogging is so much more than the number of followers, but also the quality. The people I’ve talked to in comments have lead to a friendship. Blogging is a place where I can speak my mind freely and people who share the same opinion will find me or those who disagree will find me and let me know.
- Make a really good friend at school, someone to hang out with and get meals with on a regular basis. I did make really good friends at school last semester, you know who you are. I love you guys.
- Get a new job, and this doesn’t mean quit my current job because it’s a good safety net but I really need a new job to make more money. I did better than this, or at least in my opinion, I got an awesome internship, that’s paid and I’m making more money. I’m very happy where I am now.
- A more positive outlook on life- I really need to stop being so negative and hating everything, and I want to try to be more optimistic. I think I have been slightly more optimistic so far this year. I don’t think I’m as negative as I was, but I still wouldn’t say I’m optimistic.
- Go to a party for more than 30 minutes. This is something that I just need to do for myself, I don’t need to drink or do drugs or whatever people do at parties but I need to experience college better. I think after last nights post it’s safe to say I haven’t done this and I won’t be doing it anytime soon.
- Try to overcome my anxiety. I just want to figure out and calm down so it’s not so bad because it hinders me from doing things that I really want to do and that needs to stop. I think after my semi-regular anxiety updates we know where I am. Right now, I’m in a bad place, tomorrow I could be in a good place. I think it’s really inconsistent and I still need to seek help.
- Stop cracking my knuckles- pretty self explanatory. Well I forgot about this one so it’s not going well consider I still crack my knuckles all the time.
- To be passionate about something- I feel like a lot of things, but I don’t feel like I’m really passionate about anything and I really really want to be. I think I’m passionate about blogging. I love it. There are some night where it’s 11:00 and I have work in the morning, where I think to myself “Shit, I still have to write a quick post for tonight.” But even then it’s not like I hate doing, I’m more annoyed at myself for staying out too late or doing nothing all night and just not doing it. I’m also becoming very passionate about Arrowheart, working on new designs, promoting it on social media and such, I’m really excited about it.
- 300 YouTube subscriber, which I’m seeing as kind of unrealistic right now but it’s something that I would like to hopefully achieve this year. I stopped YouTuber, and I talked to Hiba about it for a little bit and she’s encouraging, but when we looked at the broader picture I’m not sure it’s a good idea. I realized all it takes is one big person to like your videos and you’re channel will spiral and that’s not something I want. I don’t want to be YouTube famous, and I’m not saying that’s what would’ve happened to me, but if it did, I don’t think I would’ve been able to handle it. For now, I’ll stay behind my screen.
- I would like to better recognize those who actually care about me compared to those who only want things from me. Slowly but surely I think I’ve been doing that. It’s hard but I’m trying, sometimes I don’t know what to do.
- I want to remember to tell those I appreciate how much they mean to me. I try to tell everyone that I appreciate them, but I’m not sure if I always do that, I think I’m trying though.
- I need to keep in mind that I am really lucky especially when things are bad. I don’t do this enough. I think more so lately, especially when things go my way. I should do it more when I’m not happy though.
- I would love to learn something new, so suggestions please! I need a cool new hobby! I don’t think I’ve done this yet… I’m not sure what to do! Leave me comments of what to learn!
- Joe Sugg. Look him up, I’m in love with him. Tell him to love me. Well I hate to tell you guys but I’m not in love with Joe anymore. I have a real life crush on Connor Franta, like an actual crush. When I watch his videos he’s like everything I look for in a guy and it sucks because of two reasons 1) He might be gay, 2) He has no idea who I am. So if you want you can tweet him my twitter name (@mrmilligan13) and just tell him that I’m perfect for him, feel free :)
Seriously though leave a comment with something I can learn to do. Anyway, that’s where I am with my goals. Where are you with your resolutions/goals?