Chances are if you are currently a senior in high school you probably know whether or not you plan on attending a place of higher education be that technical school, community college, or a traditional university. If this is you, I encourage you to continue on and read this, just a few things I wish someone would have told me my senior year of high school.
- Get ahead in your shopping. I know, such a typical girl thing to do, but right now, there are tons of clearances! Since everyone is back at school stores like Target have deals on all of their back to school things like hampers, comforters, decor, etc., so get that while it’s on sale so you aren’t breaking the bank when all the prices are high since supplies are in demand in the summer.
- Use your free SAT sends. I think it’s like three, even if you don’t know where you’re going use all three, send them to random schools, send them somewhere. Might as well use them because then you have to pay and that adds up, depending on how many schools you apply to.
- Bring stupid things with you to college, like coloring pages and other various crafts. You’ll always find someone who likes the same things as you, plus it’s alos nice to have something relaxing to do in your free time.
- Extra everything. When you get your supplies, grab two of mostly everything, or bulk. You’ll run out of deodorant, you’ll run out of detergent, you’ll run out of a lot of dry stock that doesn’t expire so stock up, especially if you don’t have a car with you on campus.
- Take lots of pictures so you have reminders of people from home.
- If Command Strips are on sale, buy them. Lots of them.
- Leggings are real pants, buy them on sale in the spring.
- If you want to write letters bring addresses and STAMPS (which I need to go buy).
- You’ll lose friends, or more like acquaintances. It’s part of life and you’ll just lose touch with someone, and then you’ll be fine.
- Have fun. Have fun senior year, have fun during the summer, have fun when you get to college.
Leave your helpful tips in the comments while people are getting ready to for applications and everything!
Tell me what you want, what you really really want!