I’m the kind of person who loves to ask questions about anything and everything. This good, like for example I know a lot of weird stuff, however, it makes it harder to watch movies with me, ask my friends. I do think asking questions is the best way to get to know someone too, so here’s a list of questions you should ask everyone you meet (okay maybe not everyone).
- What’s your favorite book and why? This can be followed up with questions of themes, plots, character developments, and symbolism. If the answer to this is “I don’t read” I’m at a loss for what to say next.
- What’s your favorite movie and why? This can have the same follow up questions as above.
- What is your opinion on favorite colors? Now this is a very important question because I’m very curious about people’s opinions on favorite colors, not so much their actual favorite color. I mean you can ask to be polite too.
- If you had the power to change the world, what would you change? Obviously this shows someone’s character.
- What are your hobbies? You can just find out more about the people you meet and get to know. See if you have anything in common, take some chances.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Now maybe this is just a me question because of my love of travel, but I think you learn a lot about someone based on their travel tastes and likes.
- What’s the best show on Netflix? Keep asking until they say something you haven’t seen so you can add some to your watchlist- you’re welcome.
- Where are you from? My mind works in a very geographical way for some reason so I always try and figure out where people are from in comparison from where I am or other people are, see if I know someone from the same town. It also probably goes back to my love of travel as well.
- If you could be in whatever reality TV show, what show would you choose? Just a fun one, personally I would choose like one that I made up. I also wouldn’t be in it, I would just produce it. Or maybe I would be on the Bachelor but I would just be one of the people who get off right at the beginning on the first episode but I would make friends with the girl who becomes the bachelorette, so she could pick one of the leftovers for me. See, I have a whole plot for that.
- What is your opinion on icebreakers? I ask this because have you ever met a person who liked icebreakers? Nope, at least not that gets excited about the awkwardness of them when they’re brought up.
Feel free to answer these questions in the comments! Also add your own go-to questions you ask people you meet!