*Caution this post will contain spoilers*
Parks and Rec is one of my all time favorite shows, mostly because Leslie Knope, the main character, is such a strong and powerful female figure. Also Chris Pratt is in it so that helps. Anyway, Leslie Knope is played by the great Amy Poehler and she is this great female figure that I think every girl should look up to.
- She might not be the boss, but she sure does run the Parks Department
- She is perky about everything and it takes a lot to get her down
- She invented Galentines Day so that Valentine’s Day is fun for everyone
- She loves breakfast
- Her husband is awesome too, and she makes him a better person
- She inspires the uninspirable, like April and Ron. Obviously April loves and cares for Leslie, nominating her for an award and actually doing work.
- She is the first woman councilperson
- She has her shit together. Even when everything is crazy she is still insanely organized and put together.
- She has faith in everyone and for whatever reason, that faith is what makes people do what she needs them to do, no matter their level of stupidity
- She admires women who should be admired like Hilary Clinton rather than a silly actress or singer.
Just like Jim is what girl should look for in a man, Leslie is a woman that every girl should strive to be. It doesn’t matter that she’s a fictional character, she’s still a huge inspiration.