Tori from Tori Story nominated me for the Freestyle Writing Challenge- thanks Tori! This is a different kind of challenge that I’ve seen, I would explain, but we all know how I am with explanations so I’m just going to paste the rules in here.
1. Open an MS Word / Google docs document.
2. Set a stopwatch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as many words as you can in the time limit. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy & paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees (at least 5) and copy & paste these rules with your nominations.
Tori assigned the topic of “Your favorite place” and I chose to take 10 minutes to write and this is what I wrote:
My favorite place isn’t really a place. Like yes, as a traveler there a places that I love, but I wouldn’t say any of them are my favorite place. Bar Harbor, Maine. I love it there, but it’s not my favorite place. I love Seattle, Washington, but I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite place. I love the idea of the beach, the smell of the woods, and the look of the mountains, but none of those things are my favorite places.
I love to be alone. Like if I could sit on the beach and be alone that would be great. If I could sit in the woods alone that would be great. However, these are not my favorite places even when I am alone.
I don’t know why I’ve never developed a favorite place, maybe it’s because I like so many places. This makes it hard to see myself living anywhere after college, because there isn’t a place that stands out in my mind.
I have a favorite place in every place I go. Like here, it’s the hill on top of Turkey Hill Road at the stop sign. At the beach where my Poppop lives it’s the pier- even though it scares me. In Dublin it’s the lock bridge. In Bar Harbor I really liked the land bridge. At school it’s Baker Park. In Seattle I fell in love with Park Place Market. None of those places though are my favorite place.
There’s a million places to see and I don’t like narrowing it down to a favorite, I wish I could, but I can’t. It’s like favorite colors, I just don’t have one. Maybe this all comes back to me being a very passive person and not having much of an opinion about anything and my lack of passion about mostly everything. I just don’t have a favorite place.
I do indeed love to travel and I want more than anything to see the world, I just think maybe I haven’t seen enough to decide on a favorite place or maybe I have expectations so high of the world I’m afraid to pick a favorite place. My favorite place used to be San Francisco and then it just wasn’t anymore. Then I think for a while I said Seattle, but it’s not my favorite place. Maybe it’s my favorite place in the States, but when I think about Bar Harbor, I get the same feelings that I do about Seattle and the same feelings about Dublin and even sometimes the same feelings about Frederick.
I’m sure this sounds incredibly weird. I need to see more before I pick a favorite place. There’s too much to see in this world for me to narrow it down to one place, especially if I haven’t even seen half the world yet. There’s so much more out there and I can’t just pick a place. So I guess I kind of failed this prompt with my lack of not having a favorite place, but I just don’t. I just love the world and everything it has to offer.
Word Count: 517
Not going to lie, I impressed myself with this, it’s one of my favorite things I’ve written as of recent and I might choose to use this method more often.
Now I’m going to nominate five people:
Logan from Leaves of Logan
Hiba from Trying Novelty
Katie from Tick Tock
Lauren from Girl In Between
Now get ready, because your topic is: Five Year Plans
Anyone else who wants to, feel free to do this post, let me know if you do so I can read it!
Tell me what you want, what you really really want!